The spark for the Love Box tradition began in 1999 when Founder and CEO, Christine Martinello was shopping with her then 3 young children. The question, “What can I give my kids to show them how much I love them?” popped into her head. She & her husband, Bob decided that every person in the family would write love notes to each other and then read them out loud on Christmas Eve. The tradition was born and they’ve done it every year since!
For the next 15 years, women did the tradition with their family and friends and encouraged Christine to make the Love Box. After listening to countless stories of transformation and life changing events of 2012, the Martinello’s decided to create the product. In 2013, the Christmas Love Box was prototyped and creation began. The Christmas Love Box kit launched in 2014 and the Original Love Box kit launched in 2016.
In 2014, the Martinello’s and their merry teams of ‘Love Agents’ generously began giving Love Box kits, love notes and hosting community events to spread love. These events ranged from writing love notes and giving Love Boxes to people in need - to teachers, police, church groups and non profits to marching in a parade to promote love and pass out love notes with candy. Education events teach people how to create a life and family they love more.
In 2021, the Love Box Foundation became a charitable organization, even though charity events have been changing lives since 2014. Together, we can create loving families and communities with the Love Box by providing loving experiences, education, and building foundations of love.
1. What is the need of the group? If you're not sure, look online, in news and/or other forms of social media. Connect with someone involved in the effort.
2. Create the plan. Have a conversation with the contact person about what the Love Box is and how it can help. (Love Box Foundation was begun as a family tradition in which love notes were written to each member of the family and then read aloud creating powerful bonds & connections). Assign a deadline date for all love notes to be completed & Love Box kit delivery date.
3. Order products for your campaign from website (originallovebox.com). How many Love Box kits or love notes do you want?
4. Create Love Notes & Love Box kits. Love Scribes gather & write love notes. 4 or 5 people is plenty. Check website for sample love notes on the blog page. Return love notes to Love Box campaign manager.
5. Personalize the Love Box. Add calligraphy for a person or organization’s name that has been impacted. (You can have fun & decorate the Love Box kits – craft time.)
6. Delivery Day! If you’re hand delivering the products, try to include special treats or heart shaped balloons. Treats or candy is fun to add in the Love Box kits too. Use your creativity. Take pictures or videos. Post them on social media.
7. Follow up. Within 2 weeks after the campaign, ensure the notes and kits were received. Ask how people were impacted. Ask Campaign manager to share their photos/videos with Love Box Foundation and / or on social media, Love Box Foundation Facebook.
Spread the love and use our logo and brand elements to promote your campaign.Download Media Kit